Discount Pricing Now Available for Most Popular Cruise Itineraries in 2015
Los Angeles (October 16, 2014) – River cruising is the fastest-growing segment of travel, and there has never been a better time to book a journey on one of the world’s iconic waterways. Viking River Cruises (www.vikingrivercruises.com) today announced a new fall promotion for its most popular itineraries in Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia. From now through October 31, Viking is offering an Early Booking Discount (Code EBD) for all Europe departures in March and April 2015 and all 2015 Southeast Asia departures – with up to 2-for-1 cruise fare and up to 2-for-1 international air. The fall promotion also includes additional savings on a variety of specific departures. Guests who book a stateroom on one of the award-winning Viking Longships in Europe – or one of the two new ships on the Elbe River – will save an extra $300 per couple. And guests who book a 2015 Russia departure will receive up to 2-for-1 cruise fare and up to free airfare.
“There is an intrinsic value to river cruising that is unlike other methods of travel, and more people are discovering the benefit of unpacking once and sailing on a small vessel that is designed to enhance exploration,” said Richard Marnell, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Viking Cruises. “As our fleet of river vessels around the world continues to grow, we are proud to be able to offer both our new and return guests the best value possible, including seasonal discounts and the most diverse range of itinerary and stateroom choices of any river cruise line.”
Abundant Options for 2015
While nearly all of Viking’s 2014 departures are completely sold out, now is the best time for travelers to consider a wide variety of itinerary and stateroom options in 2015 – from quintessential river cruise experiences on the Rhine, Main and Danube to “bucket list” opportunities like experiencing Holland’s famous springtime tulips; exploring the streets of Paris, the world’s most romantic city; and visiting the famed region of Burgundy. Highlighted itineraries include:
- Grand European Tour (15 days; Amsterdam – Budapest): Viking’s most popular itinerary takes guests on a 15-day journey through Europe’s most spectacular landscapes with stops in medieval towns, imperial cities and impressive capitals. Tour the intricate networks of windmills in Kinderdijk before cruising past the Rhine’s hilltop castles, then explore Würzburg’s Bishops’ Residenz, one of Germany’s largest and most ornate baroque palaces and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Historical discovery awaits with visits to the ruins of Zeppelin Field and the Palace of Justice; while the arts come to life with an onboard demonstration of live glassblowing, a special concert played on the 17,000-pipe organ in St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and a trip to Vienna’s world-famous Opera House. Promotional prices start at $3,562 per person.
- Romantic Danube (8 days; Nuremberg – Budapest): Discover grand cities and quaint villages on this 8-day journey along the “Blue Danube.” Explore both sides of fascinating Budapest; experience Vienna’s imperial architecture and gracious culture; and tour riverside towns in Austria’s Wachau Valley. In Germany, explore a baroque abbey and stroll cobbled streets lined with half-timbered houses. Promotional prices start at $1,856 per person.
- Rhine Getaway (8 days; Amsterdam – Basel): Visit all the highlights of the legendary Rhine on this 8-day trip through its commanding riverbanks and lush landscapes. Travelers will enjoy a tour of Cologne and its awe-inspiring Dom; a visit to the beautiful sandstone ruins of Heidelberg Castle; the opportunity to explore the Romanesque cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; and a scenic excursion through Breisach, gateway to the Black Forest, and its renowned mountain landscape. Promotional prices start at $1,856 per person.
- Portraits of Southern France (8 days; Chalon-sur-Saône – Avignon): Some of the most beautiful vistas the French countryside has to offer serve as the background for this 8-day journey that unites arts, history and the region’s famed winemaking. Guided tours of Burgandy and Tournon include tastings of the area’s most famous wines; the colors and architecture of Arles provide a glimpse into the inspiration of Vincent van Gogh and other artists; and the 2,000 year old town of Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, features the Basilica of Notre Dame, St. Jean Cathedral, the Palace of Justice and samplings of the town’s world-famous French cuisine. Promotional prices start at $1,956.
- Paris & the Heart of Normandy (8 days; Paris – Rouen – Paris): This 8-day journey combines the magic and splendor of the “City of Light” with the rich history of the Normandy Beaches. Enjoy the true icons of the region, including the Eiffel Tower, the Champs-Élysées, and the Cathedral of Notre Dame; visit the charming stone farmhouse where Claude Monet lived and worked; and explore World War II landmarks as Omaha Beach and the American Military Cemetery. Promotional prices start at $1,356 per person.
Value of River Cruising
With the world’s largest and best fleet of river cruise ships, more awards than any other river cruise line and choice in every aspect, Viking delivers remarkable value to guests. Economies of ship design, ownership of its vessels and high standards all lead to increased savings that are passed on to guests. Viking’s inclusive pricing covers accommodations, all onboard meals, daily guided shore excursions, onboard cultural enrichment activities, port charges, complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner, free Wi-Fi, and more.
For complete details on Viking’s new fall promotion, visit http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/promotions.html. For information, images or b-roll, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For booking details, contact a travel agent or call Viking Cruises toll-free at 1-877-66VIKING (1-877-668-4546).
About Viking CruisesViking Cruises offers destination-centric river and ocean cruising designed for experienced travelers with an interest in geography, culture and history. Featuring onboard cultural enrichment and included shore excursions, Viking’s journeys are competitively priced for genuine value. Debuting its maiden season of ocean cruising in 2015, the sophisticated state-of-the-art Viking Star will host 930 guests on itineraries in Scandinavia and the Baltic; and the Western and Eastern Mediterranean. As the world’s leading river cruise line, since its 1997 inception the company has grown to a fleet of 53 river vessels (in 2014) offering scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, Ukraine, China, and Southeast Asia. Viking has been honored multiple times in Travel + Leisure’s “World’s Best” Awards and Condé Nast Traveler’s “Gold List” as well as recognized by the editors of Cruise Critic as “Best River Cruise Line,” with the entire Viking Longships fleet being named “Best New River Ships of 2012” in the website’s Editors’ Picks Awards. The travel trade has ranked Viking as the “Best River Cruise Line” by Travel Weekly, Recommend and Travel Agent magazines, “Best Cruise Line for Luxury River Cruises” at the Luxury Travel Advisor Awards of Excellence and as “Best Overall Cruise Line for River Cruising” and “Best River Cruise Line for Travel Agent Support” in TravelAge West’s WAVE Awards. For additional information, contact Viking Cruises at 1 855 8-VIKING (1-855-884-5464) or visit www.vikingcruises.com. To join the Viking Cruises community online, visit www.facebook.com/vikingcruises, www.facebook.com/vikingoceans and www.facebook.com/vikingrivercruises.