Job Category: Corporate Offices, Woodland Hills, CA
Position: Travel Sales Consultant
Reports To: Reservation Center Supervisor
The Travel Sales Consultants’ role is to assist potential Viking Cruise clients in selecting a cruise and itinerary, to best meets their needs and desires for the best cruise experience for them. Adhering to our established quality standards, in fielding calls, identifying needs and providing the best solutions. Responsible for ensuring that all entries are accurate and clearly understood. Communicate in a timely manner to Manager all issues which may adversely affect profit margin on bookings for quick remedial action.
- Sales and service to clients and prospects, including the handling of complex itineraries and pricing plans
- Handle inbound sales calls from prospective passengers, identify their needs and provide a solution, sell the Viking Cruises benefits and complete the reservation booking process
- Make follow-up outbound calls to prospective customers to provide additional information, overcome objections and finalize booking for a reservation
- Coordinate travel arrangements for high-end customers, including hotels and air travel
- Act as a knowledgeable resource and consultant to Travel Agents assisting them to complete sales for their customers, including outbound follow-up as needed
- Maintain individual sales and service quality goals
- Process itinerary changes, payments and requests for brochures as needed
- Competent proficiency on MS Office products including Excel and Outlook
- 1 year experience of working with ACD , and associated metrics and standards
Experience and Knowledge:
- General knowledge of world geography
- Competent proficiency on MS Office products
- College degree preferred
- Must have call center/contact center environment (1 year minimum)
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment
- Availability to work variable shifts, including weekends (pre-scheduled)
- Demonstrated professional communications skills both verbal and written
- Highly competitive salary, hourly rate plus incentives
- 4 - 6 weeks of paid training
- 401K, Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Discounted theater, theme parks and movie tickets, gym memberships, and more
- Travel and cruise rewards – employees who complete a minimum of 6 months service are eligible for a free cruise and discounted rates on future Viking River Cruises
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.