Job Category: Onboard Rivers, Staff
Position: Stateroom Steward(ess)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You are responsible for an optimum of cleanliness and order as well as hygiene onboard to the fullest guest satisfaction in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
- Daily cleaning of approximately 18 staterooms
- Cleaning of public areas, toilets and reception area according to requirements
- Correct handling of guest laundry
- Control and distribution of externally cleaned laundry and uniforms
- Correct and careful handling of all cleaning products, materials and housekeeping equipment
- Rotating laundry duty incl. washing, ironing and folding activities
- Distribution of daily programs, gift orders and turndown services in allocated staterooms
- Welcoming and escorting guests to their staterooms on embarkation day
- Checking and reporting technical defects of staterooms to the supervisor / reception
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Participation in loadings
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
Receives instructions from: Housekeeper, Hotel Manager, Corporate Housekeeper, Corporate Operation Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- International experience / experience onboard a ship is an asset
- Fluent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Positive Personality, neat appearance
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.