Job Category: Corporate Offices, Woodland Hills, CA
Position: Server Administrator
Viking River Cruises is looking for Server Administrator to provide day-to-day support for servers and systems operations for local and remote Viking offices. This is a regular, full-time position, requiring 5 years minimum related experience. Job location is Woodland Hills, CA .Working hours expected to be Tuesdays-Fridays from 12 pm to 9 pm and Saturdays from 7 am to 4 pm, hours might change per business requirement.
- Installing, configuring, patching and monitoring Windows and Linux servers
- Performing daily systems backups and recovery
- Applying and automating operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Maintain data center and server racks
- Add/modify/remove Microsoft AD users/groups
- Add/modify/remove Avaya phone extensions, voice mail boxes, etc
- Add/modify/remove Exchange 2010 mailboxes and email attributes
- Suggest potential improvements to the technical infrastructure relative to security, business continuity, service delivery, system tuning, etc.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the systems
- Possibly work overtime, after hours or weekends as needed, participate in paid on-call rotation
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Experience in Microsoft domain services administration and setup, Windows Server 2008 and above, Windows 7 and above expert knowledge is required
- Basic Exchange administration experience is required
- Windows OS clustering and load balancing experience plus
- Familiarity with security and hardening of servers
- Tape/Disk based backup applications and storage management experience is expected
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms - servers (VMware, Microsoft, Citrix) and desktops
- VoIP system management experience desirable
- Linux administration experience is a plus
- Recent experience supporting call center environment is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects with autonomy and accountability
- Must be able to work under pressure in very demanding environment
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.