Job Category: Corporate Offices, Woodland Hills, CA
Position: Network Administrator
Reports To: IT Manager
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Viking River Cruises is seeking a qualified and experienced network system administrator to provide day-to-day support for the corporate local and wide area networks. This is a regular, full-time position, requiring 5 years minimum related experience. Job location is Woodland Hills, CA. Working hours are Mondays - Thursdays, 12 pm to 9 pm, and Sundays from 7 am to 4 pm PST, (hours and days are subject to change based on evolving business requirements).
- Create and terminate network, server and telephony/call center user/telephone accounts and groups.
- Create and modify new email accounts and email groups
- Install, administer, maintain and monitor company VoIP network and everyday high level local and remote call center support.
- Perform complex network software changes with participation of vendors, other IT staff or end-users.
- Be able to work independently or as a part of team.
- Suggest potential improvements to the technical infrastructure relative to security, business continuity, service delivery, system tuning, etc.
- Installing and configuring new server and network hardware and software.
- Applying and automating operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Possibly work overtime, after hours or weekends as needed.
- Participate in paid on-call rotation
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of 5 years of strong MIS experience, both network and server support.
- Recent experience supporting call center environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Active directory, permissions, groups, administration
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms - servers (VMware, Microsoft, Citrix) and desktops.
- Experience with Exchange 2010 servers management and mail troubleshooting.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows server and Microsoft applications.
- Solid understanding of Ethernet and TCP/IP, routing, DNS, VLAN's, etc.
- Expert Knowledge of Firewall and VPN configurations and network troubleshooting.
- Ability to work under pressure in very demanding environment
- 401K, Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Discounted theater, theme parks and movie tickets, cellular rates, gym memberships, etc.
- Travel and cruise rewards – employees who complete a minimum of 6 months service are eligible for a free cruise and discounted rates on future Viking River Cruises.
About Viking Cruises:
Viking Cruises, the world’s leading river cruise company, offers scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. Since its 1997 inception, the company has grown to a fleet of 63 vessels and over 110,000 passengers annually. Viking has been honored multiple times in Travel + Leisure’s “World’s Best” Awards and Condé Nast Traveler’s “Gold List” as well as recognized by the editors of Cruise Critic as “Best River Cruise Line.” Today Viking continues its rapid growth with its first Ocean vessel beginning operations in 2015, and plans to grow the River Cruise fleet even larger in the next two years. The opportunities and challenges in this growth provide and excellent work environment for high performing individuals with a desire to achieve and excel.
Consideration will only be given to qualified applicants
This position is located in Woodland Hills, California, only local candidates will be considered
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.