PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure optimal cleanliness, order and hygiene onboard to the fullest satisfaction of our guests in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
ASSIGNMENTS/RESPONSIBILITIESResponsible for the entire housekeeping operation onboard
- Correct receipt and distribution of guest laundry
- Distribution, control and return of the Viking River Cruises uniforms
- Ensuring a smooth operation on a embarkation day
- Ensuring impeccable cleanliness and order within the housekeeping department
- Active assistance with stateroom cleaning and laundry duty
- Operation of procedures according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Ensuring regular care of plants and flowers onboard
- Distribution of daily program, gift orders and turndown services
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Motivation and training of housekeeping team (5 -13 members in laundry, staterooms, public areas)
- Supervision of housekeeping team and operation of its duties and responsibilities
- Replacement of Cabin Steward/ess (e.g. during holiday time)
- Participation in loading
- Cost control for housekeeping within budget
- Stock ordering in cooperation with Hotel Manager
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Inventory according to company procedures
Active liaison & socializing with guests
Supervisor: Hotel Manager
Gives instructions to: Cabin Steward/ess
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Corporate Housekeeper, Corporate Operation Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Graduated education in hotel industry
- Min. 3 years professional experience in same position
- International experience / experience onboard a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset Service oriented and guest focused, attention to detail
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Positive personality, professional appearance
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Housekeeping Manual
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.