Position: Chief Receptionist
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure that the Front Office is managed in a smooth and friendly manner to the fullest satisfaction of our guests and that administrative duty are carried out in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
- Supervision of the entire front office and lobby area including shop
- Center of information for all passengers; transaction of shop sales
- Operation of phone switchboard, cashless system and safety system
- Full understanding of guest infotainment system and guarantee asmooth Operation of the system
- assure full functionality of the MXP system
- Handling of all incoming and outgoing mail
- Organization and planning of embarkation / disembarkation
- Execution of all administrative duties according to companystandards
- Providing general administrative support to the Hotel Manager
- Handling and preparation of customs regulations
- Correct handling of all equipment and products
- Ensuring of cleanliness and neatness at reception
- Execution of cost control for reception and shop within the budget
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to companyprocedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Preparation of Cruise and monthly reports
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors(if required)
- Participation in loadings
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Organization, management and motivation of the Front Office Crew
- Generate a work schedule for the Front Office Crew
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Develop and train the Front Office Crew according to VRC PSO
- Entire trainings administration
Supervisor: Hotel Manager
Gives instructions to: Receptionist, Night Auditor
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Controller, Corporate Operation Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Graduated education in hotel / tourism industry
- Min. 4 years professional experience in same or similar position
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal), other languages are an advantage excellent computer knowledge (Office, MXP), administrative experience
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Positive personality, neat appearance
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Hotel Manager Manual
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.