Position: Bar Chef (Bartender)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure a friendly and professional beverage service in the bar, lounge and on the sundeck to the fullest satisfaction of our guests and in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
ASSIGNMENTS/RESPONSIBILITIESResponsible for the entire service operation onboard
- Supervision and support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated service in bar, lounge and on the sundeck
- Operation of bar procedures according to company standards (e.g. menus, decoration, appearance)
- Organization, management, motivation and training of bar team (2 to 4 crew)
- Organization and execution of F&B related ship functions and special events
- Serving drinks in accordance with company standards
- Creation of daily cocktails in accordance with company standards
- Preparation and set up of Café Lunch in the lounge in corporation with Executive Chef and Maître D’Hotel/Food & Beverage Manager
- Ensuring highest level of cleanliness within bar, pantry, lounge, sundeck in accordance with HACCP standards
- Cost control for bar in accordance with the budget
- Establishing of weekly stock order in cooperation with Maître d’Hotel/Food & Beverage Manager
- Responsible for the daily tallying of the bar revenue
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Participation in loadings
Supervisor: Maître D’Hotel/ Food & Beverage Manager
Gives instructions to: Bar crew
Receives instructions from: Maître D’Hotel/ Food & Beverage Manager, Hotel Manager, Corporate Operation Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Min. 2 years professional experience in 4 or 5* bar operation
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Very good beverage knowledge (wines, cocktails etc.)
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Positive personality, neat appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description •Contract •Company Rules and Regulations •Onboard ABC • Viking College •Uniform Regulation •F&B Manual
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.