Travel Service Specialist - Reservations Center
The Travel Service Specialist role is to assist Viking Cruise customers who have purchased a cruise, but not yet sailed. Adhering to our established quality standards, while fielding service calls, identifying needs and providing solutions. With 52 ships, Viking Cruises continues to expand to new destinations, and builds innovative vessels that provide all the comfort of a fine hotel with attentive Swiss management. We showcase the rivers of Europe, Russia, Ukraine & China: in Europe, the Rhine, Main, Moselle, Danube, Elbe, Seine and Rhône; in Russia the Volga; and China’s Yangtze. In spring of 2015, Viking Cruises will be launching its maiden voyage in Ocean Cruising on the Viking Star, opening the Mediterranean, Baltic and Adriatic to our discerning travelers. Whether Ocean or River, Viking Cruises continues to deliver stellar personalized service in every customer interaction beginning with inquiries through the award winning cruise experience itself.
- Handle inbound service calls from booked passengers, identify their needs and provide a solution
- Provide service to passengers, including the handling of complex itineraries and pricing plans
- Make follow-up outbound calls to clients to provide additional information
- Process payments
- Maintain individual service quality goals, and adhere the Call Center Matrix
- Manage and utilize time effectively to ensure department meets required service levels for improved customer satisfaction results
- Process itinerary changes, and requests for brochures as needed
- Ensure accurate and timely service and respond quickly and proactively to customer requests
- Maintain customer records in company CRM tool
Experience and Knowledge
- Call Center/ Contact Center environment (minimum of 1 year preferred)
- Experience within the Travel Industry preferred
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and adjust as needed for each customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to retain and organize large amounts of information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- College degree preferred or experience equivalent
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities, not specifically outlined herein, as requested
- Highly competitive salary, hourly rate plus incentives
- 6-12 weeks of paid training
- 401K, Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Discounted theater, theme parks and movie tickets, cellular rates, gym memberships, etc.
- Travel and cruise rewards – employees who complete a minimum of 6 months service are eligible for a free cruise and discounted rates on future Viking River Cruises.
This position is available in our Boston, MA Office
About Viking Cruises:
Viking Cruises, the World’s Leading River Cruise Line®, offers scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. Since its 1997 inception, the company has grown to a fleet of more than 60 vessels servicing over 110,000 passengers annually. Viking has been honored multiple times in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards and Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List as well as recognized by the editors of Cruise Critic as Best River Cruise Line. Today Viking continues its rapid growth with its new fleet of ocean vessels, named the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure readers in the World’s Best Awards 2016. The opportunities and challenges during this growth period provide an excellent work environment for high-performing individuals with a desire to achieve and excel.
Consideration will only be given to qualified applicants
This position is located in Woodland Hills, California; only local candidates will be considered.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.