Travel Sales Consultant
Reports To: Reservation Center Supervisor
The Travel Sales Consultants’ role is to assist potential Viking Cruise clients in selecting a cruise and itinerary, to best meets their needs and desires for the best cruise experience for them. Adhering to our established quality standards, in fielding calls, identifying needs and providing the best solutions. Responsible for ensuring that all entries are accurate and clearly understood. Communicate in a timely manner to Manager all issues which may adversely affect profit margin on bookings for quick remedial action.
- Sales and service to clients and prospects, including the handling of complex itineraries and pricing plans
- Handle inbound sales calls from prospective passengers, identify their needs and provide a solution, sell the Viking Cruises benefits and complete the reservation booking process
- Make follow-up outbound calls to prospective customers to provide additional information, overcome objections and finalize booking for a reservation
- Coordinate travel arrangements for high-end customers, including hotels and air travel
- Act as a knowledgeable resource and consultant to Travel Agents assisting them to complete sales for their customers, including outbound follow-up as needed
- Maintain individual sales and service quality goals
- Process itinerary changes, payments and requests for brochures as needed
- Competent proficiency on MS Office products including Excel and Outlook
- 1 year experience of working with ACD , and associated metrics and standards
Experience and Knowledge:
- General knowledge of world geography
- Competent proficiency on MS Office products
- College degree preferred
- Must have call center/contact center environment (1 year minimum)
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment
- Availability to work variable shifts, including weekends (pre-scheduled)
- Demonstrated professional communications skills both verbal and written
- Highly competitive salary, hourly rate plus incentives
- 4 - 6 weeks of paid training
- 401K, Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Discounted theater, theme parks and movie tickets, gym memberships, and more
- Travel and cruise rewards – employees who complete a minimum of 6 months service are eligible for a free cruise and discounted rates on future Viking River Cruises
About Viking Cruises:
Viking Cruises, the World’s Leading River Cruise Line®, offers scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. Since its 1997 inception, the company has grown to a fleet of more than 60 vessels servicing over 110,000 passengers annually. Viking has been honored multiple times in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards and Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List as well as recognized by the editors of Cruise Critic as Best River Cruise Line. Today Viking continues its rapid growth with its new fleet of ocean vessels, named the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure readers in the World’s Best Awards 2016. The opportunities and challenges during this growth period provide an excellent work environment for high-performing individuals with a desire to achieve and excel.
Consideration will only be given to qualified applicants
This position is located in Woodland Hills, California; only local candidates will be considered.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.