Travel Agent Sales Consultant - Reservations Center
Reports To: Reservation Center Supervisor
Location: Boston, MA
- Sales and service to Travel Agents, including the handling of complex itineraries and pricing plans.
- Handle inbound sales calls from Travel Agents calling on behalf of their clients, prospective passengers, identify their needs and provide a solution, sell the Viking River Cruises benefits and complete the reservation booking process.
- Make follow-up outbound calls to Travel Agents to provide additional information, overcome objections and finalize booking for a reservation.
- Offer custom Air travel arrangements for high-end customers, including hotels and air travel.
- Act as a knowledgeable resource and consultant to Travel Agents assisting them to complete sales for their customers, including outbound follow-up as needed.
- Maintain individual sales and service quality goals
- Process itinerary changes, payments and requests for brochures as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Sales, call center environment (1 year minimum) /li>
- Contact center experience within the Travel Industry preferred
- A general knowledge of world geography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to retain and organize large amounts of information
- Strong PC skills
- Availability to work variable shifts, including weekends (pre-scheduled)
- College degree preferred
- Highly competitive salary, hourly rate plus generous commissions and a monthly bonus program.
- 4-6 weeks of paid training /li>
- Matching 401K up to $2000 per year
- Excellent Medical Benefits, choice of HMO, PPO or Kaiser
- Dental Benefits, choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision benefits via VSA
- Discounted theater, theme parks and movie tickets, cellular rates, gym memberships, paid parking, etc.
- Travel and cruise rewards – employees who complete a minimum of 6 months service are eligible for a free cruise and discounted rates on future Viking River Cruises.
About Viking Cruises:
Viking Cruises, the World’s Leading River Cruise Line®, offers scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. Since its 1997 inception, the company has grown to a fleet of more than 60 vessels servicing over 110,000 passengers annually. Viking has been honored multiple times in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards and Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List as well as recognized by the editors of Cruise Critic as Best River Cruise Line. Today Viking continues its rapid growth with its new fleet of ocean vessels, named the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure readers in the World’s Best Awards 2016. The opportunities and challenges during this growth period provide an excellent work environment for high-performing individuals with a desire to achieve and excel.
Consideration will only be given to qualified applicants
This position is located in Woodland Hills, California; only local candidates will be considered.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.