Viking River Cruises is looking for Server Administrator to provide day-to-day support for servers and systems operations for local and remote Viking offices. This is a regular, full-time position, requiring 5 years minimum related experience. Job location is Woodland Hills, CA .Working hours expected to be Tuesdays-Fridays from 12 pm to 9 pm and Saturdays from 7 am to 4 pm, hours might change per business requirement.
- Installing, configuring, patching and monitoring Windows and Linux servers
- Performing daily systems backups and recovery
- Applying and automating operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Maintain data center and server racks
- Add/modify/remove Microsoft AD users/groups
- Add/modify/remove Avaya phone extensions, voice mail boxes, etc
- Add/modify/remove Exchange 2010 mailboxes and email attributes
- Suggest potential improvements to the technical infrastructure relative to security, business continuity, service delivery, system tuning, etc.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the systems
- Possibly work overtime, after hours or weekends as needed, participate in paid on-call rotation
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Experience in Microsoft domain services administration and setup, Windows Server 2008 and above, Windows 7 and above expert knowledge is required
- Basic Exchange administration experience is required
- Windows OS clustering and load balancing experience plus
- Familiarity with security and hardening of servers
- Tape/Disk based backup applications and storage management experience is expected
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms - servers (VMware, Microsoft, Citrix) and desktops
- VoIP system management experience desirable
- Linux administration experience is a plus
- Recent experience supporting call center environment is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects with autonomy and accountability
- Must be able to work under pressure in very demanding environment
About Viking Cruises:
Viking Cruises, the World’s Leading River Cruise Line®, offers scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. Since its 1997 inception, the company has grown to a fleet of more than 60 vessels servicing over 110,000 passengers annually. Viking has been honored multiple times in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards and Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List as well as recognized by the editors of Cruise Critic as Best River Cruise Line. Today Viking continues its rapid growth with its new fleet of ocean vessels, named the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure readers in the World’s Best Awards 2016. The opportunities and challenges during this growth period provide an excellent work environment for high-performing individuals with a desire to achieve and excel.
Consideration will only be given to qualified applicants
This position is located in Woodland Hills, California; only local candidates will be considered.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.