Senior Application Solution Architect
(Contract to Regular Position)
Reporting directly to the Head of Program Management, The Senior Application Solution Architect is responsible for driving the architectural plans and designs for functional application domains that will enable the company to support company strategies, business objectives and technological advancements. This position owns the development of strategies and roadmaps depicting movement from current state to future state as well as guiding the IT organization in reducing complexity and simplifying the delivery of services and solutions across domains. The Senior Application Solution Architect will be abreast of the latest IT trends and technologies; have the ability to grasp new concepts and quickly identify and solve complex problems; and will work well with others within IT and with business partners in a collaborative environment.
- Act as the subject matter expert providing the vision and strategy for the functional application domain architecture.
- Where necessary, is involved with in-depth assessments to validate that the technology and architecture is appropriate for the business solution.
- Creates the business domain roadmap aligning with the broader enterprise and infrastructure architecture roadmap.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the functional domain to address application integration and infrastructure framework related questions.
- Work with vendors to understand emerging technologies, technical and functional roadmaps, and how it applies to the environment.
- Partner with other application groups and project teams to provide design direction during project initiation.
- Communicate concepts and ideas effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization
- Evaluate and assess vendor solutions determining alignment to company strategic and technical direction.
- A minimum of 10 years broad IT application development experience with a strongly preferred deep knowledge for applications in the Marketing, Sales, Travel, Cruise, and Vacation domain.
- Specific experience of architecting and delivering a multi-solution business critical environment, covering a number of business areas across an enterprise Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts across all domains taking expert opinions to develop and design best approach architectural plans.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to translate technical jargon into understandable terminology. Able to communicate with all levels.
- Outstanding listening skills – ability to embrace competing arguments, find common ground and align for the best solution.
- Inquisitive by nature, ability to question approaches, assumptions and decisions to gain the best solution possible.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, particularly in the early stages of large scale business critical programs
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to evaluate and solve complex problems in conventional and non-conventional ways.
- Experience in strategic planning, gap analysis and roadmap development.
About Viking Cruises:
Viking Cruises, the World’s Leading River Cruise Line®, offers scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. Since its 1997 inception, the company has grown to a fleet of more than 60 vessels servicing over 110,000 passengers annually. Viking has been honored multiple times in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards and Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List as well as recognized by the editors of Cruise Critic as Best River Cruise Line. Today Viking continues its rapid growth with its new fleet of ocean vessels, named the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure readers in the World’s Best Awards 2016. The opportunities and challenges during this growth period provide an excellent work environment for high-performing individuals with a desire to achieve and excel.
Consideration will only be given to qualified applicants
This position is located in Woodland Hills, California; only local candidates will be considered.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.